Check out my new EP, Experiments, which has just been released on all major retailers! The Spotify Web Player link is below, so you can give it a play and follow me if you like it!
I’m extremely proud of this EP as I feel like it really sums me up as an artist and embodies the sort of music I want to make moving forward. All the songs have their own videos, with the Poison video being the next one to be released… so keep your eyes peeled for that! The EP is available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer and most other digital distributors… so go and have a listen and let me know what you think on Facebook.
I’m so excited to announce that my new EP, Experiments, will be released on April 27th on all major digital retailers! ‘Experiments’ will be comprised of five tracks, which I created with Mansfield-based ‘The Producers’, and will also include a bonus acoustic version of my single, Take It All. I feel like this EP definitely sums up where I want to take the direction of my music and shows my range as a songwriter and an artist.
‘Experiments’ is essentially electronic pop, but my influences were very varied whilst I was writing, so there is a range of different moods and vibes on the EP. As always, my main focus was on the lyrics, drawing inspiration from my own life to make them honest, raw and relatable. There is a narrative that runs between the songs if the EP is listened to in order of the tracklist. It tells the story of a character in a toxic relationship. I have recently expanded on this narrative whilst recording my debut album, Chemistry, in order to fill in the blanks in the story and take the character further on their journey.
Due to the narrative aspect of the EP, I decided that all the tracks on ‘Experiments’ were all important and should, therefore, have a video each. Whilst the videos don’t follow the narrative, they all draw inspiration from the lyrics in their respective songs and from the EP as a whole. The videos will be released in order of the tracklist:
- Lead Me Down
- Deja Vu
- Take It All
- You Are My Weakness
- Take It All (Acoustic Version)
with Lead Me Down being the only video that has currently been released, but the others will be following soon!
I cannot wait for Experiments to be released on April 27th and for everybody to get to hear it! A lot of love and work has gone into all the songs on the EP, as well as the videos, so I am looking forward to as many people as possible listening to the story that I have to tell! Listen to the singles, Take It All and Lead Me Down here!
2017 marks the release of my new EP, Experiments, so I am aiming to be gigging as much as possible! I’ll be doing acoustic cover gigs as well as original gigs with my guitarist, so there is plenty of choice!
- Acoustic Cover Set – The Royal Scot, Marple Bridge, Cheshire – 14th January at 9:30pm
- East Cheshire Hospice Ladies Lunch – The Bridge Hotel, Prestbury, Cheshire – 2nd February at 12:15pm
- Acoustic Cover Set – The Cheshire Cheese, Gee Cross, Cheshire – 18th February at 9:30pm
- Acoustic Cover Set – Marple Tavern, Marple, Cheshire – 29th April
- Acoustic Cover Set – Platform One, Romiley, Cheshire – 5th May
- Acoustic Original Set at Sunday Sessions – Fab Café, Portland Street, Manchester – 7th May at 7:00pm
- Supporting Inhale – Gullivers, Northern Quarter, Manchester – 13th May
- Original Set at Absent Kelly’s Camden Clique – Proud Camden, Camden, London – 19th May at 6:00pm
- Original Set supporting Art Fan Delay – Hangar 34, Liverpool – 1st June at 8:00pm –
- Original Set at Access to Music’s Summer Showcase – Cinnamon Club, Bowdon, Manchester – 5th June at 7:30pm
I hope to see some friendly faces at all the gigs and check out my Facebook page for details of open mics and radio appearances!
I am very excited to be premiering the audio to my new single, Take It All, today! Take It All is the first single from my upcoming EP, Experiments, and kicks off the launch of my new sound! The single is strongly influenced by commercial drum and bass, whilst keeping the pop vibe my music always has had… the result is a something with a little more edge and maturity than my last EP, but the same focus on lyrics and melody!
Take It All will be available to buy and stream on all major digital retailers on November 17th and available to pre-order on iTunes on October 20th. I really hope you enjoy it and I look forward to sharing the official video soon!
Back in March, the deep house remix of my second single, Falling Back Together, premiered on Deep Sounds Soundcloud account. This was amazing as they have such a huge following on soundcloud and meant that my music was able to reach a wider audience! To this date, the mix has had over 68K plays and over 1000 likes! The deep house mix is my favourite remix of Falling Back Together, so if you like dance music I recommend you give it a listen!
With my upcoming single release in November, followed by the EP release in early 2017, I am hoping to promote my new material as much as possible by playing it live! I have a few live shows booked for the upcoming months and I will also be playing as many open mics as possible, which I will post about on my Facebook Page.
If you want to catch me performing a live acoustic set, you can catch me at these venues on the following dates:
- Winter Wonderland Charity Ball in aid of The East Cheshire Hospice – Mere Golf Resort and Spa, Cheshire – 25th November at 7pm
- Quack Open Mic (Headline Guest) – White House, Stalybridge, Manchester – 28th November at 9pm
- Quack Open Mic (Headline Guest) – The Navigation, Marple, Cheshire – 29th November at 9pm
In April 2016, I was lucky enough to be able to perform at the Fallow Cafe, Fallowfield, as part of the iluvlive Manchester showcase event. This was a really amazing experience for me as it was the first time I had performed my original songs with a a live band. The crowd was so friendly and supportive, so it was the perfect place to debut my newest single at the time, Not Stupid Anymore. I felt extremely privileged to be performing alongside a group of extremely talented artists and to be invited to do such a great event! Below is a video of me performing my first single, Stuck In Limbo, live at the event.
Call Me Whatever You Want was the single that I chose to use to promote the release of Not Stupid Anymore (The Deluxe Version) as it was so catchy and upbeat. It was actually the first song that I ever professionally recorded so, for this reason, I chose to keep the imagery fairly simple and just focus on the lyrics and the message I wanted to get across. The song is about finally having the courage to move on from a relationship and admitting to yourself that it is not working. The concept of the person leaving not being ‘the bad guy’ but being the brave and selfless one is what I wanted to get across with this. I felt that this was a slightly new perspective on a typical relationship milestone and something I wanted to explore. The pink crumpled background in the video with the lyrics on top is almost like a goodbye letter that has been written and then discarded, which I thought was perfect for this song with its theme of a bittersweet farewell.
Thought it would be nice for me to share the music that I listen to to get me through the week 🙂 These are my favourite songs this week, not all new, just songs I have had on repeat to keep me in a good mood!
- Fast Lane – Rationale – Definitely the song I have had on repeat the most this week! I absolutely love this track; it’s got such a chilled vibe and every time the chorus hits my mood is instantly lifted.
- Bad Blood – Nao – I could pick any Nao song for this list to be honest as I am a huggggeeee fan of hers, but Bad Blood is her newest single and it is absolutely gorgeous. Such a unique voice and stunning production.
- WickedSkengMan 4 – Stormzy – Love a bit of grime when I’m stuck in traffic on the way to work! I think Stormzy is such a great artist and this is my favourite of his songs as it’s really catchy and actually pretty funny in places too.
- Sorry – Justin Bieber – Felt like with this album being so huge I should put a track on the list. The album is pretty good, not life-changing, but there are some very catchy songs on it with killer beats from Skrillex and team. I think Sorry is the best song and it always puts a smile on my face!
- Forrest Gump – Frank Ocean – Got back into this song again recently and I just love it! I’m a big admirer of Frank Ocean and I think Channel Orange is really amazing collection of songs, with Forrest Gump being just one of many that I love to listen to in the car!