Monday: On Monday I had production class at college and we were looking at recreating a house track! Despite not being the sort of music I am planning to create, it was a great lesson as it put a lot of the things we had been learning in perspective.
Tuesday: I travelled down to Essex to go on Phoenix Radio and perform some live sessions! This was a great experience and I really enjoyed myself! It’s been a while since I have done a radio performance, so it was nice to get back on the horse! I then travelled into London and stayed in a hotel ready for my gig the next day!
Wednesday: I had my gig at the Old Queen’s Head in Angel, Islington on Wednesday, so the day was taken up with rehearsals, soundcheck and then the gig itself! I had a great time performing and the venue was lovely! You can check out my full performance here:
Thursday: I started the day in one of my favourite places in London… Borough Markets! I’m such a foodie (code for greedy!) so it’s my heaven! I bought so much stuff and had an amazing pulled lamb dish! Such a great start to the day! Then I headed back up to Manchester ready for my weekend gig!
My Thursday Twenty is a great one this week!
- Body Of Mine by Sally Caitlin & Sophie Smith – Thought I would include my newest single! This is a collaboration track with Sophie about not letting people define you by your appearance and about female empowerment in general!
- I Feel It Coming by Jillian Jacqueline – Great arrangement of this track and her vocals are so smooth and lovely to listen to!
- I Miss You (feat. Julia Michaels) by Clean Bandit – I’m not usually a Clean Bandit fan but this track is great! Super catchy and with awesome production!
- Over That by Emily Vaughn
- Not A Love Song by bulow – I looovvveee this! Super honest, super catchy and super fresh!
- Pictures In My Head by MJ Cole – The chorus in this song is killer…. really great vibe and it cheers me up whenever I hear it!
- Deeper by Riton, MNEK, House Gospel Choir – Riton played this when I saw him at Warehouse Project and it’s such a great dance song! MNEK slays on vocals as usual!
- Daylight by Gorgon City
- Cola by CamelPhat & Elderbrook
- I Keep Calling (Boris Dlugosch & Cassara Remix) by Wankelmut
- Hillside Boys by Kim Petras
- Shivers by Rachel Platten – Pretty much the perfect pop song! Really infectious and playful!
- Wait by Maroon 5 – No band has changed their sound quite as much as Maroon 5… I was a huge fan of Songs About Jane and the earlier material and although this is completely different, I love this track! Their new music is so modern and influenced by trap and a lot of other trending genres, which is pretty cool as it shows their evolution as a band!
- Give In by Vera Blue
- Anyway by Tyron Hapi & Mimoza
- Strongest by Ina Wroldsen – Great message about being a single mother combined with a super strong melody and great vibes! Awesome song!
- Not a Toy by Fanny Anderson
- Dirty Sexy Money by David Guetta, Afrojack, Charli XCX & French Montana
- Tip Toe by Jason Derulo & French Montana – Jason is back again with his typical club banger type track, and as usual I love it! I can always dance to a Derulo song!
- Jungle by Pitbull, Stereotypes, E-40 & Abraham Mateo
Friday: I went into college to learn how to use one of the studios, which was great! I then spent a couple of hours working on my new track, followed by a steak dinner! Not a bad day!
Saturday: Rehearsals, soundcheck and then an amazing gig at the Eagle Inn in Manchester! Absolutely loved performing and all the other acts were absolutely amazing too! Such a high level of talent… makes me very very proud to be from Manchester! Perfect last gig of the year…. check out the video below!
My single with Sophie Smith, Body Of Mine, also got played on BBC East Midlands Introducing radio show! The radio host said he thought the track was so powerful that he was going to forward it to Radio One… so I’m crossing my fingers on that one!
Sunday: Recovery day after a night of celebration… including watching my friends conduct an impromptu karaoke session with my PA system!
Thank you so much for reading!