This week I have been working on loads of new projects including shooting a video, planning another and finally finishing the mix on my track Alive. I’ve also been talking to some promoters about booking some gigs very soon, so hopefully I’ll have many announcements coming soon!
Monday: I was travelling back from London so I was just doing admin stuff on the train! Pretty boring!
Tuesday: Tuesday was a great day as I was shooting a video for one of my upcoming songs, which is called Shackles! The song is quite dramatic and dark, so we thought a very simple black and white video might work really well. The track starts with just piano, so it was fun filming that part with me playing what is on the track!
Wednesday: On Wednesday I was back in the studio for the first time in a while, to put some new vocals on a couple of tracks I recorded back in February. However, I ended up changing the structure of three of the songs from my Chemistry album… which just goes to show the creative process isn’t always finished even though you thought it was!
My Wednesday Cover this week was a duet with the lovely Sophie Smith and we did cover of Strangers by Halsey and Lauren Jaugerui. Check it out:
Thursday: On Thursday I was playing in another golf competition and I played the best I’d ever played, which was a great feeling! I actually ended up winning the whole competition and having my handicap dropped.
As it was Thursday I curated my Thursday Twenty playlist for the week, with a lot of emphasis being on holiday songs again, particularly Spanish songs!
- Higher Love by Charming Horses
- Mind Games by Nicolas Haelg
- Save Me by LISTENBEE
- Freak (Sam Feldt Remix Edit) by R3hab – I love this track as it reminds me of the Sugababes version from when I was younger… such a nostalgic track!
- Low by Matt Kali
- I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Taladego Tropical Mix) by Sara Farell – I really like this version of this song as it’s so summery and happy! I actually prefer it to the original!
- Take It to the Beat by Sons of Maria
- No Vacancy (with Sebastian Yatra) by OneRepublic – In summer I always listen to a lot of Spanish music, so I was really happy to see Sebastian Yatra had teamed up with OneRepublic for this track! It’s the perfect sunny day song and the Spanish parts work really well with the English hook!
- Mala Mujer by C. Tangana – This track has such a sexy vibe and it really makes me excited to go partying in summer!
- More by Total Ape
- Get Low by Zedd & Liam Payne
- Came Here For Love by Sigala & Ella Eyre
- Love$ick by Mura Masa & A$AP Rocky – I bought my tickets to go and see Mura Masa at the WHP this week and I’m super excited, so I thought I would include a track on the playlist this week!
- Fetish by Selena Gomez & Gucci Mane
- Mi Gente by J Balvin – I loooovvveee J Balvin and this track is no exception! Such a great beat and definitely my favourite song this week!
- Loving Life by Rationale
- Love Me More by Chase & Status & Emeli Sande
- immortal (Snakehips Remix) by Elley Duhe
- Sober (Jerome Price Remix) by CVIRO
- No Love in the Jungle by Harper – Another favourite this week! I’m new to Harper but I love what she’s doing so far!
Friday: I finally fixed the mix for Alive and put a master on and started editing the video for Shackles! I also had a meeting about potential locations and ideas for a videoshoot for Alive. Exciting stuff!
Saturday: Rehearsing during the day and then gigging in the evening! Such a lovely crowd and a great atmosphere, including two encores!
Sunday: Brunch and then the golf presentation evening, when I got my trophy!
Thanks for reading! 🙂