This has been such an unbelievably tiring week! I’ve had 20 hour edit days and have basically been functioning on zero sleep for 7 days…. However, so much has been achieved this week and I’m so so excited to share some of the developments very soon! Sign up to my mailing list to get an exclusive preview of my next video!
Monday: I set my goals for November, which always really helps me to focus on my career and visualise where I want to be. I then had production class as I always do on Mondays, which was awesome as we were learning different sampling techniques. I was also starting the plans for some upcoming videos, which is super exciting!
Tuesday: I played golf in the morning and caught up on some college work. I also sent off some Spotify playlist submissions for my latest release, Take It All. A lot of my day was spent tidying up the ‘studio’ from the Body of Mine shoot…. glitter for dayssss!
Wednesday: After starting editing last week, Wednesday was day 2 of the Body of Mine edit, and it was a long one (finished at 3am)! We made some good progress, getting the Intro, Verses and Pre-Choruses sorted. I also had my Electronic Music Composition class in the evening, which was really fun as we were learning about drums and groove, which is probably the area I struggle with the most.
Thursday: Day 3 of the edit…. finished all but the choruses, which was a little frustrating as we were hoping to have finished completely! In the evening I went to my golf presentation evening and won myself a cheeky trophy, which was a nice surprise!
Of course, I also sorted my Thursday Twenty for the week!
- Burn Slow by Jaira Burns
- Flare Guns by Quinn XCII & Chelsea Cutler – LOVE this! One of my favs this week… super catchy and it is definitely a topic everyone can identity with – the urge to call an ex at 2:00am is always strong!
- Only With You by Cyn
- Astronaut by Mansionair
- I’ll Be There by King Henry
- When I Was Young by MO – Great track! I love MO as she’s always so left of centre and really unique. This song has a really interesting structure and there are so many climaxes!
- Ready Yet by Sasha Sloan
- Losing Any Sleep by Elle Watson
- Silence (Sluggo x Loote Remix) by Mike Posner & Labrinth – Another favourite! Such a great track… the production is gorgeous and the two voices really work and bring something different to the verses. I’m really feeling a lot of Mike Posner material these days!
- I Feel U (feat. Rachel Salvit)
- cortado by anton.
- Honest by Nataliya
- Wolves by Selena Gomez & Marshmello – I just love Selena and I’m a big Marshmello fan too, so this was a great combo for me! I really think the softness of Selena’s voice is very effective in this song, and the chorus is extremely catchy!
- Better by BANKS – I genuinely think no one loves BANKS as much as me! I went to see her last week and she was predictably amazing. Better was one of my favourite tracks she did on the night as performance was just flooded with emotion.. it was pretty special to witness!
- Lonely by NAV
- California Heaven (Medasin Remix) by JAHKOY & Schoolboy Q
- end by Jeremy Zucker
- Buzzin by Alina Baraz
- Badi Boum (feat. Tsunami) by Felix Snow
- The Shine by ayokay & Chelsea Cutler
Friday: I spent five hours composing in the MIDI lab at college and working on a new track! I feel like I spend so much time promoting myself and contacting people for gigs, sending my music off places etc that I never get to actually make music anymore! So it was just bliss to be back in that mindset and be creative! After that it was back to editing the Body Of Mine video…. Day 3 and it didn’t end until 7am on Saturday! Crazy stressful and we still didn’t finish! We still had to colour grade and fix a couple of bits in the Middle 8.
Saturday: Final edit day for Body of Mine! Finally finished at 4:30pm after another four hours of editing and the release that came with the final export was just euphoric…. such a weight of my shoulder! The video is now ready for the release next week 🙂 Can’t wait to share!
I also celebrated Bonfire Night with my brother and best friend and then heading into town for the Warehouse Project! Me and Abi saw Gorgon City on their Kingdom Tour at the Albert Hall, along with Disciples, Riton and Danny Howard. It was such a great night and just what I needed after a stressful week of editing!
Sunday: Dinner with the family for my grandad’s birthday and a bit of much need chill time! I need to actually sleep!
Thank you so much for reading as usual and remember to sign up to my mailing list!