This week (29th May to 4th June) has been a very busy one, with a lot of the focus being on my final showcase performance at music college. I’ve been doing a lot of last minute prep and rehearsals, along with performing at my first gig in Liverpool!
Monday: I was still in Scotland on Monday after the long Bank Holiday weekend. Whilst I was there I did a lot of relaxing, chilling in the spa, hiking and drinking… however, not much music stuff! I was planning on getting some writing done but I was very easily distracted by all the activities at Gleneagles, so I failed a bit on that front!
Tuesday: Most of the day was taken up with the drive back from Gleneagles! Managed to get a massage in the morning before we left and then I napped all the way home as I was so exhausted! I drank too much the night before, so I had a terrible sore throat, which worried me for the gig on Thursday!
Wednesday: Due to my sore throat, I decided not to attempt to record a new cover for my YouTube channel, but to upload a live cover of Billie Jean from a gig. I absolutely adore this song and it’s so fun to do with a loop pedal! The video was taken at Gullivers in Manchester when I was performing there with my guitarist a few weeks ago!
On Wednesday I also selected my setlist for my gig in Liverpool the next day! I decided on ten tracks from my upcoming album, Chemistry, two of which are on my Experiments EP.
- Lead Me Down
- Tomorrow I’ll Still Love You
- Another Goodbye
- Other Girl
- You Want Me Most
Thursday: Thursday was definitely my busiest day of the week! I packed my bags for staying overnight in Liverpool and updated my Thursday Twenty playlist in the morning, along with squeezing in a rehearsal with my band for my college showcase. This week’s playlist featured:
- Edge Of Seventeen (with the Melbourne Symphony) by Stevie Nicks- Live 2006 by Stevie Nicks – I’m a huggeeee Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks fan, so I already loved this song, but I only discovered this live version this week. I honestly think it’s even better than her original version!
- Whippin (feat. Felix Snow) by Kiiara – I play Kiiara’s ‘low kii savage’ EP all the time and was wondering when she was going to release a follow up! This track is great and full of sass, so I’m really excited for the next single!
- Painting Greys by Emmit Fenn – I only heard Emmit Fenn for the first time this week and I’m literally in love! I could have put all five of his singles on the playlist happily!
- Wearing Nothing by Dagny – Stuck in my head all week!
- Castle by Halsey – So glad that Halsey has released a new album! This is a throwback, but don’t be surprised to see one of the new tracks on next week’s playlist!
- I’m Stuck by Noah Cyrus
- Better by Meghan Trainor – Meghan Trainor was the soundtrack to my America trip with my best friend last summer and we were both in love with this track!
- Poison by Sally Caitlin
- Begin (feat. Wales) by Shallou – So beautifully chilled!
- Down in Flames by Ella Vos
- For The Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti by Sufjan Stevens – One of my favourite songs of all time! I actually have a tattoo of the chorus lyrics, “If there’s any other way, I’d do anything for you.” on my body!
- Remember I Told You (feat. Anne Marie and Mike Posner) by Nick Jonas – Amazing features on this song; all the voices work so well together!
- For You (Bearcubs Remix) by Gavin James
- Lady by Lucy Neville – I wouldn’t be surprised to see some really big things from Lucy Neville in the future!
- Best Friend by Must Be Nice
- Wicked Games (Tom Misch Remix) by Parra for Cuva – Great ‘remix of a remix’! This song is just fab in general though… I love playing it on the piano!
- Body Say by Demi Lovato
- Beggin For Thread by Banks – As I’ve mentioned before, I am the ultimate Banks fangirl… and this week I bought tickets for her upcoming tour!!! Yayyyy!
- We’ll Be Fine (feat. Birdman) by Drake – I’ve got to be honest, I’m not a Drake fan at all now, but on the drive up to Scotland I rediscovered the Take Care album and it is an amazing selection of songs!
- Last Cigarette by Kennedi
On Thursday I also had my gig in Liverpool at Hangar 34! The venue was amazing and I had some friends come to support me, so that was really nice! I managed to get some lovely pictures taken in my sparkly dress onstage, which was an added bonus!
Friday: I went back to Manchester in the morning to rehearse for my college showcase and get some feedback from my tutors about my setlist and performance. I then did a bit of work on the track I’m producing (Alive), mainly just getting it ready for me to record vocals onto it and adding a couple of piano parts. Another great thing about Friday was that I think I managed to find a new guitarist to play with, as the guitarist I currently have is getting a new job, meaning we couldn’t work together anymore! Then I went back to Liverpool for a night out with my best friend, which was actually super fun!
Saturday: Saturday was pretty much just one big hangover for me but I did manage to add about 1000 words on my college research project essay and potentially set up a collaboration for the near future… so that could be exciting!
Sunday: I’ve been playing in a golf competition today and as it was the first time I’ve played since November, I was terrible! Luckily my outfit looked cute and carrying your bag around for almost 5 miles burns some calories… otherwise it would have been a waste of a morning!
Thank you for reading! Next week I’ll be able to recap on how the college showcase went! 🙂