This week has been a super busy one! At the moment I have loads of different projects on the go, including the shoot for ‘Alive’, the promotion of the Experiments EP and a collaboration. This past week has been all about cracking on with all of that, whilst fitting in gigs and rehearsals as usual! It’s been a bit stressful but there hasn’t really been a dull moment!
Monday: I started the day with a tennis lesson and then when straight to production class from there. As I started two weeks late at Manchester MIDI school, I do still feel a little bit out of my depth, so I can see that a lot of extra practise will be in my future! After college I picked up my friend for a movie night but we didn’t even watch a film… just chatted about life and got super distracted! I also released the first teaser for the ‘Take It All’ video on Instagram!
Tuesday: My friend and I headed out on a hike in the morning to get some fresh air and clear our minds! After that I spent the afternoon rehearsing for a piano performance I had coming up later in the week and the evening was taken up with picking outfits for the ‘Alive’ video shoot.
Wednesday: My videographer (and friend) Geena and I drove to East Yorkshire, collecting actor, Jack, on the way in order to shoot the music video for ‘Alive’. Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t quite as nice as forecasted, however we still got some great footage! I’m really looking forward to editing this video and I’m sure the extremely long and tiring day will be 100% worth it in the end! I also premiered the second teaser video for ‘Take It All’ on Instagram, building up to the release on Saturday!
Thursday: On Thursday, I was rehearsing for gigs again in the morning and then I went into Manchester to a great little café and bookshop called Chapter One. Geena and I met there to discuss the editing of the ‘Alive’ video and to plan all the other videos and shoots we have coming up! In anticipation of the release of my album, Chemistry, next year we had to set deadline dates for all the live acoustic sessions, official videos and lyric videos needed to promote all the tracks. It’s going to be a very busy few months, but hopefully worth it in the end!
I also made my Thursday Rundown playlist, which features my absolute favourite artist, Banks, and a few international songs!
- All Goes Wrong by Chase & Status & Tom Grennan
- Drown The Lovers (feat. 6LACK) by R I T U A L
- Bloodsport ’15 by Raleigh Ritchie
- Monster 2.0 by Jacob Banks & Boogie – My cousin Maddie recommended this to me because she loved the beat… but I’m actually way more impressed with the vocals! Such a powerful and unique voice that perfectly captures the emotion in the lyrics!
- Underdog by Banks – I am a complete Banks superfan, so I was both excited and nervous when I saw she’d released a new song, as I didn’t want it to disappoint me! It hasn’t done, thankfully! Another great song from my ultimate idol and I can’t wait to see her later this month in Manchester!
- Hello Hello by Fickle Friends – Fast becoming a firm favourite of mine, every song I hear from Fickle Friends is a winner in my book!
- September by Gabrielle
- Human Touch by Betty Who
- Улети by T-Fest – One of the international songs on this week’s playlist! T-Fest is a Ukranian rapper (I believe) and I heard this song on a YouTube video and thought it was great! Улети translates as Fly Away apparently!
- Loin (Pilule Violette) by Maître Gims, Dany Synthé, SoFLY & Nius – This is a great French track… I particularly love the beat in this one!
- Takes My Body Higher (feat. Lincoln Jesser) by Shoffy
- Ignite by RKCB
- Super Far by LANY
- Speak in Tongues by machineheart – A favourite of mine this week. I love the use of drums and the bassline in this song. It’s got a really cool edgy, vibe and is also super catchy!
- Holding You by Great Good Fine
- White Water by MY
- High Off You by alayna – This song is a very chilled and subdued by my standards, but I really think it has an understated beauty. The vocals are effortless and gorgeous and they sit perfectly on top of the bassy but restrained production.
- 1999 by Bloke & Bird
- Northern Lights by Jaymes Young
- Take It All by Sally Caitlin – I thought I’d include my track ‘Take It All’ this week as the video premiered this week on my YouTube channel! This is my favourite track from the EP and the video is also my favourite, so give it a listen if you haven’t had chance yet!
Friday: Rehearsals in the morning on piano, followed by a quick golf lesson and then more rehearsals with my guitarist George. We then had a gig in the evening at Revolution in Macclesfield for their big reopening party! I also shared the final teaser video for the ‘Take It All’ video on Instagram.
Saturday: With one performance out of the way, I just had one more this week and that was for an old work friend’s wedding! I played piano and sang at the ceremony, which was very nerve-wracking but it was a lovely service and luckily I had been rehearsing like a crazy lady!
I finally shared the video to ‘Take It All’ on YouTube! Check it out and remember to give it a like and comment if you enjoy it!
Sunday: After such a busy week, Sunday has been about catching up on sleep, on sync applications and looking through the Alive video clips to find the best footage!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the behind the scenes images from this week’s shoot! 🙂