This week has been half hard work and half holiday, but with many exciting developments! Both at home and in America I had some amazing weather and took some beautiful photos, which I have included in the blog, along with details on what I’ve been up to!
Monday: On Monday, me and my awesome videographer (and friend), Geena headed to Flamborough in the East Riding of Yorkshire for our first day of filming the video for my song ‘Alive’. We got some beautiful shots of the amazing scenery around there and some performance shots. We got lucky with the weather as it was 26 degrees Celsius and wall to wall sunshine! So excited to finish filming and share this video!
Tuesday: Tuesday was spent practising piano, packing and generally getting ready to go away!
Wednesday: On Wednesday I flew to Florida for the start of my two week holiday in America and the Caribbean. The best part of long haul travel for me is that I have so many uninterrupted hours at my disposal, which I can use to catch up on work! I managed to respond to three sets of interview questions, write all my notes on the mixes for my upcoming album and read and write notes on my book on music marketing. Very productive and relaxing times for me!
Thursday: I had a lovely morning walk to start off the day and then I went to the mall. I’m ashamed to say that a big shopping spree always makes me feel good, and this was definitely one of best shopping trips I’ve ever had! So I left feeling very happy, especially after a great Chinese meal!
I also made my Thursday Twenty playlist and it’s even more varied than usual!
- Boots by Kesha – Definitely my favourite track on Kesha’s new album.. really fun and catchy!
- Painkiller by Liv Dawson – I really wanted to include this in the playlist last week but I didn’t have room. It’s such an touching pop song with great sweeping production and really relatable lyrics.
- Make It Up To You by Julia Michaels – I’m fast becoming a Julia Michaels fan as I think her brand of cool, edgy pop is the future of the genre. I also really admire her roots as a songwriter.
- Safe Place by Jazz Morley
- Borrowed Time by Falcon Punch & Alexanderson
- Give It Up (feat. Salt Ashes) by Cruels
- Tennis Shoes by Lennon & Maisy – I always love the soundtrack to Nashville and this my favourite song from the current season!
- Take Shelter by Years & Years
- Dead End Love by XYLO
- Alexis Texas by Cruel Youth
- You’re Mine by Phantogram – Phantogram have only been on my radar for a few months due to hearing them on a TV show, but I really love their dark vibe and edgy production!
- Think Before I Talk – Astrid S
- Madness by Ruelle – I came across Ruelle as one of her songs was used as a reference file for a sync placement I applied for and I really like her music! It has a slight vibe of Banks, which is something I always enjoy!
- C O O L (Radio Edit) by Le Youth – The ultimate holiday party song; just so so catchy and happy!
- What Lovers Do (feat. SZA) by Maroon 5
- If I’m Lucky by Jason Derulo – Jason Derulo is one of my guilty pleasures and I’ve just bought tickets to see him perform in May so I’m super excited! This new track is very different but I actually really like it!
- Girls On Boys by Galantis & ROZES
- Bad At Love by Halsey
- Cross My Mind Pt. 2 (feat. Kiiara) by A R I Z O N A
- Know U Anymore (feat Sarah Hyland) by Bo Talks – Another that almost made it on last week… great track, super catchy and loving Sarah Hyland’s voice… I usually just know her as Haley from Modern Family.
Also, ‘Music, Musings and Such’ did an interview feature on me, which was awesome, so have a read if you are interested in my inspirations, my ambitions and my favourite musicians!
Friday: On Friday I went for another amazing walk, this time along the boardwalks to the lake, which was so relaxing and pretty! I took some gorgeous pictures 🙂 After that I spent the day by the pool reading and catching up on emails, as well as submitting songs for sync placement consideration.
Saturday: After a four hour drive first thing, we made it to Miami around midday to board a cruise bound for the Caribbean! I didn’t get much work done this day as I was too busy drinking cocktails and dancing at the sail away party!
I did upload a teaser video for the live acoustic session of ‘Lead Me Down’ to my YouTube channel though, which I’m really excited about! Check it out below!
I was also featured on the ‘Readers Recommend’s ‘Sounds on Sunday’, playlist, which was lovely!
Sunday: The first day at sea on the cruise so I spent the day exploring the ship, drinking more cocktails and having a lovely massage! Very relaxing times… managed to get some work done too which was nice!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading and enjoyed seeing some holiday pictures! I will no doubt have many more next week!