This week has definitely been one to remember! I’ve fulfilled my life-long dream of going to Wimbledon, had my first gig with my new guitarist, George, and redone the mixing on Alive to get back to the point I was at before I lost my pen drive!
Monday: I started the day off by going to the driving range and then I went into college to find the latest version of the Alive project on the studio computer and see how far behind I had put myself! It actually wasn’t as bad as I had feared as the project on the computer had all the vocals imported into it and some of the mixing had been started. I did a little bit of mixing and bounced the track, ready to listen and make notes at home.
Tuesday: Again, I started the day off at the range and then I had a day of rehearsals with George ready for our gig on Friday. We were finalising the set list and making sure we had our loop arrangements sorted for each song, especially my original songs (Take It All and Lead Me Down).
Wednesday: On Wednesday I played tennis and then went back into college to do a second mix on Alive, using the notes I had written at home. I think this mix is now pretty much right, with just a few minor alterations needed… finally! I’m hoping next week I’ll be mastering the track and sorting out my backing tracks for when I want to perform the track.
For my Wednesday Cover, I teamed up with the lovely Sophie Smith to cover Drake’s ‘Passionfruit’. I had a lot of fun doing this track with her and it was great to be able to harmonise together! Check it out:
Thursday: This week’s Thursday Twenty is summer themed as I’m getting super excited for my holidays coming up!
- We Start Fires by Little Giants
- Cold Ain’t For Me by Oceans – This song perfectly sums up how I feel every time I come home to rainy Manchester after being somewhere amazing and sunny. Perfect pick me up song!
- New Rules by Dua Lipa
- The Heat (I Wanna Dance With Somebody) by Ralph Felix – Great summer revamp of Whitney’s Classic! Makes me feel like going and dancing on a beach somewhere.
- P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) by John Gibbons
- Wicked by mansionz – I love this track! It’s so funky and infectious!
- Pretty Girl (Cheat Codes X CADE Remix) by Maggie Lindemann
- There For You by Martin Garrix feat. TROYE SIVAN
- Fall At Your Feet by Lucy Neville
- The Nights by Avicii
- Heaven Is A Halfpipe (If I Die) by OPM – This is one of my guilty pleasures! I used to be obsessed with this song when I was younger and it always puts me in such an amazing mood.
- Steal My Sunshine by Len – I think this is my ultimate summer sing-a-long song! Another guilty pleasure… but such a great one!
- Giving It All (Joe Goddard Remix) by Bondax – For me this is an example of when the remix actually surpasses the original. I’ve always loved this track and in summer it just gets me in the mood to escape and party for a few days!
- My Head Is A Jungle (Extended Vocal Mix) by Wanklemut – This is just the best summer nights song and reminds me of so many amazing times in clubs with my best friend… this mix is my favourite as the guitar is just so nice to listen to and it builds so well.
- I Like Me Better by Lauv
- 2AM (Matoma Remix) by Astrid S – This is one of my favourite summery songs because it has such an island feel to it.. such an amazing remix!
- Deja Vu by Sally Caitlin – I thought I would throw Deja Vu on this playlist as it’s the most summery song on my EP and the video is going to premiere soon!
- Call Me (White Gold Caviar Remix) by NEIKED
- 212 by Azealia Banks
- West Coast (ZHU Remix) by Lana Del Rey – There are sooo many great remixes of this song and this is one of my favourites as it’s just so bassy and has such an edgy vibe.
On Thursday I also played in a golf competition. Looks like my visits to the driving range paid off because I actually won my division and got myself a little trophy!
Friday: On Friday I had a gig at Platform One in Romiley with my guitarist. We spent the day rehearsing and that was definitely worth it as we didn’t make any mistakes and the gig went super smoothly! It was definitely a good start to our partnership and I’m very excited to gig again together next week!
Saturday: I went down to London to visit my brother and do a little sightseeing! We went to the Darwin Brasserie in the Sky Garden for their brunch buffet and some cocktails. The view from the 35th floor was amazing and we could see the Shard, London Bridge and loads of other sights! After that we did some intense window shopping in Harrods and Knightsbridge!
Sunday: I am a huge tennis fan and on Sunday I got to finally go to Wimbledon after years of being desperate to get there! We started the day with an amazing brunch in Chelsea and then jumped on the tube to head to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. It was a really great experience and the place was even more magical than I imagined it would be! My brother’s friend works at Wimbledon so gave us a tour of the broadcast centre, which was awesome as we saw the press conference room. It was a pity that Marin Cilic was injured for the final, meaning the match wasn’t as competitive as it could have been, but it was great to be on Henman Hill/Murray Mound when Federer won his 8th Wimbledon title! I was a massive keeno and bought myself a Wimbledon sweatshirt and tennis skirt along with a huge strawberries and cream sundae and lots of Pimms! For the doubles final we got resale tickets for Centre Court, so got to see Jamie Murray and Martina Hingis win the mixed doubles final! All in all it was a great day, and the only thing that could have improved it would have been Rafa being there!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed all the pictures!