Another busy week with many projects on the go! Hopefully they will all start coming together soon and I’ll see some results 🙂
Monday: I was editing the video for Shackles. In particular I was colour grading all the clips and starting to have a look at where to put the different clips on the timeline.
Tuesday: More video editing! With the help of my friend Geena (who knows much more about Adobe Premiere than I do) we arranged the clips for the first half of the song and added transitions and effects.
Wednesday: Wednesday was a full day of rehearsals with my guitarist, George, ready for our gig on Saturday and our live lounge videoshoot next week. For the live lounges, we are preparing loop versions of four of my original tracks, ready to shoot as one take videos on Monday.
This week’s Wednesday Cover was ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ by Foster The People. I absolutely love this song and I love performing it live at gigs, so it was really fun to film our version! Check it out below!
Thursday: I ended up playing golf in the pouring rain, which was rather miserable and then going out that night for dinner and drinks with a friend! Not the most career focused day, but it was good to take a break!
My Thursday Twenty playlist this week was a mixture of happy songs for the sunny days and chilled songs for the rainy days, as the weather has been very variable recently!
- Back To You by Louis Tomlinson, Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals – I really did not expect to like this song, but I actually do! It’s a nice, easy to listen to pop track, with a relatable lyrical theme!
- Remember I Told You (Dave Aude Remix) by Nick Jonas, Anne-Marie & Mike Posner
- On My Mind (Alex Adair Remix) by Disciples – I love both the original and this more chilled out remix of this song and I also can’t wait to go see Disciples in November!
- Empty Room (Elderbrook Remix) by Big Wild & Yuna – Such a great summer chillout song, I love listening to it whilst driving!
- Planez by Jeremih & J. Cole – Completely forgot about this one, but I really like it for when I’m trying to relax!
- All I Want Is You by Miguel & J. Cole
- The Other (Eden Prince Remix) by Lauv – The perfect song for when you are by the pool and watching the world go by… definitely a holiday track!
- Your Song (Cheat Codes Remix) by Rita Ora
- Crowded Places by Banks – Banks is my artistic idol and her newest track is definitely her most summery and soft… perfect roadtrip song!
- Say You Love Me (Alex Adair Remix) by Jessie Ware – One of my favourite ever remixes… beautiful.
- Teenage Fantasy by Jorja Smith
- We Don’t Talk Anymore (Attom Remix) by Charlie Puth & Selena Gomez
- The Motion by Drake
- Wicked Game by Tula – A really great version of one of my favourite songs! I heard it whilst watching Love Island (don’t judge) and instantly loved the sexy vibe.
- Get It Together by Drake
- Alaska by Maggie Rogers – This was a recommendation from my guitarist, George, and I really thing it is a great take on modern pop.
- Plain Sight by Kita Alexander
- Creep (V!RTU Edit) by Ember Island
- Now Or Never (R3hab Remix) by Halsey
- Lose My Cool (Couros Remix) – Such a great clubby remix with the catchiest hook!
Friday: Despite being super hungover, on Friday I drove to Anglesey with Geena to look for locations to potentially film the video for Alive in. We are looking for a very specific type of scenery and this was hard to identify on Friday as the rain and wind was just crazy! It was such a tiring day due to the weather, but I think we did find some potential places to film in the end… so it wasn’t all for nothing! We have some other recce visits planned around the country though before we make a decision!
Saturday: More rehearsing followed by a gig in the evening. It turned out that the YouTuber ‘Syndicate’ was at the gig and a sneaky 10 sec clip of our performance made it into his daily vlog… so that was awesome!
Sunday: Such an amazing chill day with my bestie, Abi, consisting of face masks, mani-pedis and Beauty and the Beast! A much needed rest day to round off the week and prepare me for the one ahead!
Thank you so much for reading!