This week has been mainly focused on finishing my academic year at college and making plans for the future! It’s actually been quite a memorable and enjoyable week though on the whole, with lots of progress made in various areas! Now I’m just not looking forward to having to make bigger life decisions next week!
Monday: This was mainly just a day for recovery after having too much fun and not enough sleep at Parklife! However, I did finish my final piece of academic work for college, I practised looping with my keyboard and I wrote the lyrics and melody for the first song I’m writing in a harmonic minor key… so all in all, not bad for a hangover day!
Tuesday: Tuesdays are my full day in college and this was the day I presented my final presentation about how I have grown as an artist and developed my brand in the past year. It was actually really interesting to do the presentation as it made me quite proud of the amount of work I have put in and how much progress I have made! Although, I did start to panic almost immediately after I had done it, as I realised that I had to work out what plan is for after I finish college!
Wednesday: On Wednesday I recorded my cover for my Wednesday Cover on YouTube. I chose to do Beyoncé’s ‘1+1’ as I love the song and had been reminded of that when playing it on piano on Monday. The loops I built were pretty long, which meant the vocals don’t come in until about 3 mins in, but after that I think it works pretty nicely! I’m still learning with the loop pedal and I’m really enjoying playing with it and putting whatever I come up with on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. Check it out below:
Thursday: Thursday was a great day! I played golf in the sun in the morning and then in the afternoon I went to Media City in Salford to the BBC Studios. I was one of three students from college asked to go on the radio to talk about our experience at Access To Music and what we were aiming to do in our careers. It was a great experience and really cool to see the inside of the BBC building! I’ve put a Facebook Live video of the experience on my Facebook page so check it out!
I also updated my Thursday Twenty Playlist as I always do on Thursdays… here are this week’s selections:
- Know No Better by Major Lazer (feat. Quavo, Camilla Cabello and Travis Scott)
- No Diggity by Campsite Dream – Great remix of an absolute classic!
- Show You Love by Kato and Sigala (feat. Hailee Steinfeld)
- In The Arms Of A Stranger by Mike Posner (Grey Remix) – I really love this as I think the story in the lyrics is something that a lot of people will have experienced at some point.
- My Favourite Faded Fantasy by Damien Rice – Recommended to me by my guitarist and it is beautiful and tragic.
- Somebody Else by The 1975 – Literally obsessed and I didn’t even think I liked the band before I heard this!
- Nothing To Say by Tara Mobee
- Can’t Feel My Face by Ember Island (Joe Mason Remix)
- I Have Questions by Camilla Cabello
- Strangers by Halsey (feat. Lauren Jauregui)
- Blinded by Emmit Fenn – Such an unbelievably gorgeous and moving song… the way it builds is just effortless.
- Survivors by Selena Gomez – Little throwback from one of my favourite pop princesses.
- Old Thing Back by Matoma & The Notorious B.I.G (feat. Ja Rule & Ralph Tresvant) – This is one of my ultimate happy songs… perfect for summer and that sax is just to die for!
- Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye (Kygo Remix)
- Nasty Gal by Betty Davis
- Higher Ground by TNGHT (feat. Hudson Mohawke x Lunice) – I never get bored of this song… so fun to turn it up loud when you are driving and wait for the drop!
- Master Blaster (Jammin’) by Stevie Wonder – Currently learning this for my cover set and am just loving it… so excited to perform it!
- Come First by Terror Jr – So much sass in this song that it actually inspired me to write my own sassy bitch song (Solo)!
- Places by Martin Solveig
- Run Me Dry by Bryson Tiller
Friday: Friday was spent at college and I had a really productive studio session! I got all the lead vocals down for my track ‘Alive’ and a few harmony parts. The plan is to finish the rest of the vocals on Tuesday and then have a mixing day on Wednesday! I’m hoping to have a clip to share really soon!
Saturday: I was playing with the cover band I play with, Inhale, at the Christie’s Hospital Staff Summer Ball at the Midland Hotel in Manchester. It was for a great cause and the crowd was great as they were definitely there to celebrate and let off some steam!
Sunday: I have been napping in the sun today after a really late night last night after the gig! Going to be doing some planning for my career in general, especially to do with my new videos… so stay tuned for that!
Thank you for reading!