This week has been super busy music-wise, which is always great, with the main news being that I performed at my first ever gig in London on Friday! 🙂 I’ve also been keeping my new Spotify playlist up to date, booking more gigs and been working on the track I am self-producing… Here is my day by day account of this fab week (15th April to 21st April)
MONDAY: I guess Monday was a fairly boring start to the week as it was admin based mainly… however, I did get closer to finding out where and when the video for Poison is going to premiere, which is very exciting news! Hopefully on next week’s Sunday Rundown I will be recapping about that! 🙂
TUESDAY: I was at college and actually the only student in! That sounds boring but it was amazing for my productivity and I got sooooo much done! The main progress was made on ‘Alive’, the track I was talking about last week. I think the arrangement has been fully worked out now and we added some amazing rhythmic guitar to the choruses, which I feel added so much to the vibe of the track! Next things to do are record my lead vocal, harmonies and backing vocals and then look at transitions! So excited to share this when it’s finally finished!
WEDNESDAY: This week I’ve had no voice at all so I couldn’t record a new video for my Wednesday Cover but I did edit some live footage from my Gullivers Gig last Saturday… so this week’s cover is ‘Into You’ by Ariana Grande! I absolutely love this song and love performing our version with the loop pedal… so check it out and let me know what you think!
THURSDAY: On Thursday I picked my set lists for my upcoming gigs, sorted out all my backing tracks and packed for my trip to London. Thursday is also the day I update my weekly Spotify playlist ‘Thursday Twenty’ and this week I added some amazing tracks!
- Attention by Charlie Puth – OMG I’m obsessed with this song…. so catchy and the bassline is just amazing!
- The Cure by Lady Gaga – The first Lady Gaga song I’ve liked in a while, but I do loooveee this!
- Siren by Kid Cupid – Kid Cupid are playing with me at Hangar 34 in Liverpool on June 1st and I’m really excited to watch them perform after hearing this track.
- Strip by Clara Mae
- In the Blood by John Mayer – My favourite of his newer songs that he performed last week… such a beautiful track.
- Whatever I Want (Young John Da Wicked Producer Remix) by Classixx – Thank youuuu to my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify for this one…. such a tune.
- Despacito Remix by Luis Fonsi & Justin Bieber
- Like Home (LUCIANBLOMKAMP Remix) by JOY.
- Oh Woman Oh Man by London Grammar
- Blades by Farr
- Rollin with the Flow by Geek Boy – I love the wordplay and the vibe of this track; it’s got a really fresh sound.
- Hypnotized by WeAreTreo – The rhythm of the lyrics in this track is so clever and different and the production has something really cool and summery about it… maybe even my track of the week!
- Don’t You Feel It by SubFocus
- Can You Hear Me? by Amber Mark
- On My Mind by Disciples – Another song I’m obsessed with… just brings a smile to my face whenever I hear it and I can’t help but dance and sing along!
- Eyes Closed by Halsey – This is a song I wish I’d written! Such a relatable theme done so beautifully.
- Let Me Out (Banx & Ranx Remix) by Gorillaz, Mavis Staples & Pusha T – Been listening to Gorillaz as I’m so excited to go and see them in December after buying my tickets this week! I think this has to be my favourite track off their new album ‘Humanz’.
- Quit by Cashmere Cat & Ariana Grande
- Hot2Touch by Felix Jaehn
- 4am by Huntar
FRIDAY: Definitely the most eventful day of this week as I had my first ever gig in London at Proud Camden as part of Absent Kelly’s ‘Camden Clique’. I was the first support for London-based band arC and was also joined by Bisola, Gabriela Eva and Samuel Hyde. I was incredibly nervous before as it was the first time I’d performed some of those tracks live with just backing tracks and I also had a really sore throat! All in all though, it was a really valuable experience and I felt like I learned a lot from it. I had some great support from the crowd, despite being first on, and I got to meet and watch some great musicians! Afterwards I had such a feeling of relief too as I’ve been anxious about it for a while, so it was awesome to let loose and party 🙂
SATURDAY: I was feeling slightly fragile from the night before but still took the opportunity to go and explore Camden Markets and Piccadilly Circus in London. Felt good to be out and about and to be spending time with my brother and his friends. London is such a good place to be a tourist and I think Camden is now my favourite place I have visited there, although I love Shoreditch too!
SUNDAY: Another admin day as I had to write a press release for my EP (although it is a little bit late) ready for the premiere of the Poison video! I am on a bit of a health kick at the moment as I feel like I’ve let myself get very unfit and have developed some bad habits, so I did go for a hike near my house. It was really nice to get some fresh air and just be able to relax whilst listening to music. Plus I saw these horses, who were just too cute not to share!
Thank you so much for reading – even though it has been even longer than last week! I don’t want to make any more false promises, but hopefully I will have a little bit less to say next week! 🙂